TRANSFORMING KNOWLEDGE AND CULTURE RELATIONSHIPS
When we talk about transforming Knowledge, we are referring to culture, imaginaries and education. This dimension aims to reflect on the way we generate knowledge. It is about looking for cultural, educational alternatives, etc., that build societies free of machismo, racism, homophobia, comsumism, destruction of the environment, of the ideology of unlimited growth and profit, etc.
We are committed to:
- Create alliances between education for sustainable development and the Social Solidarity Economy and other social movements, such as the procomuns.
- Promote the use of free, open, cooperative, federated and interoperable digital tools
- Encourage direct participation of students in their study centers. Leave the scheme of a western-centric university system and promote an autonomous system, with multicultural curricula and cooperative learning pedagogies
- To highlight the importance of telling new stories to deconstruct our collective imaginations, in alliance with independent, cooperative, alternative economic media
- To contribute to the development and articulation with Original Peoples and their ancestral knowledge.
- Based on the methodology of Popular Education, develop techniques and tools for training in Transformative Economies.
- Decolonize languages. Reduce the hegemony of some languages over others. To promote the use of an inclusive (non-sexist) and decolonial language.