The processes allow us to organize ourselves in time. Right now we have only one process: the one that will allow us to draw the great global lines of action towards 2020.
If, as a result of the common challenges detected during and around the forum, an organizing initiative arises and you think it can be organized through the forum tools, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The process of the FSMET has had two moments in 2020. During the month of June a virtual meeting space was generated, with a program that emphasized the experiences of change, public debate and confluences to strengthen the transformative potential of alternative economies that resist capitalism, neoliberalism, patriarchy, racism, anthropocentrism of a system that right now shows its most critical facets of attack on life. And now, in the month of October and coinciding with the Solidarity Economy Fair of Catalonia -one of the largest Solidarity Economy events in the world-, which unfortunately has had to be also in a virtual format and whose emphasis has been to expose the initiatives and good practices under the postulate "We accept the challenge", as well as the co-construction of an Agenda for Transformative Economies.
The Transformative Economies agenda is co-constructed around 4 dimensions of transformation:
- Power relations and flows,
- Economy and finance
- Relations with nature and ecosystems
We emphasize the importance of convergence between different economies, that is, what each transforming economy contributes to the common, the collective, and the potential of these synergies on what we do and how we do it to transform.
- To put life, solidarity and care at the center of the debate is also to build alternatives for a world in crisis, it is necessary to recognize and redistribute the care work that sustains life and its reproduction.
- Strengthen anti-racist struggles ("with racism there is no democracy")
- Include the defense of the rights of all those people and dissidents who are on the margins outside the heteronormative
- Ethical finance as a tool to promote systemic change in the economy and a necessary gear for transformative economies
- Public policies as a transversal axis in the movements of transforming economies with the objective of co-constructing with them and creating an informal alliance between the different actors.
- Promote the agro-ecological production process, which prioritizes respect for land and nature, and raise the voice against transgenics
- Disseminate research on money creation and promote non-debt generating alternatives
- Encourage direct participation of students in their study centers. To leave the scheme of a western-centric university system and to promote an autonomous system, to deconstruct our collective imaginaries and to promote an inclusive education.
A plural economy that integrates community economies, not linked to the market economy, reorienting the economic system towards an Economy for Life.
In the STRATEGIES
- To have our own strategies in alliance with other transforming economies and movements, in order to jointly confront the systematic violation of human and environmental rights by large corporations and the growing reappropriation of concepts: What elements dispute the narrative of the new normality and challenge the blue washing, green washing, pinkwahsing....
- Thinking strategies and actions from the base, the local, from the communities themselves, and generating revolutions situated towards the global: from the micro to the macro
- From the local level, show an internationalist character, providing a framework for understanding and transforming international governance around food and agriculture, etc
- Enhance the creation of resilience strategies to increase biodiversity.
In the SPEECH AND THOUGHTS
- Improve our ability to think outside the box and cooperate around a global vision of transformative economies.
- Produce and manage from the commons (pro-common) the social movements, the market, the public policies, the territory (public space, relationship with the community, environment...)
In the PRACTICES
- The relevance of our practices within the framework of the transformative economy and the means of exchange to facilitate economic transactions without being dependent on capitalist logic
- Micropolitical action as a field that allows the articulation of all dimensions, as well as the territorialization of struggles
- Reinforcement of solidarity actions.
- Elaborate tools for economic and social reconstruction that gather the plurality of social and economic agents.
Memory WSFTE April 2019 Meeting
Memory WSFTE July 2019 Meeting
The matrix used in June 2020 to collect challenges and proposals for the Agenda
Memory of the WSFTE meeting October-November 2020
Here is the systematization of the confluences work