How to participate
Participate in the Virtual WSFTE now!
The World Social Forum on Transforming Economies continues to unfold, with challenges more urgent than ever in a world in full reconfiguration. In the framework of the new conditions, the registration of participants, organizations, activities and initiatives has been reopened!
The process of the WSFTE will have two moments in 2020.
- Between June 25 and July 1, 2020, a virtual meeting space will be activated, with a program that will emphasize the experiences of change, public debate and confluence to strengthen the transformative potential of alternative economies that resist capitalism, neoliberalism, patriarchy, racism, and the anthropocentrism of a system that right now shows its most critical facets of attack on life.
- Between 23 october and 22 november 2020, coinciding with the Solidarity Economy Fair of Catalonia -one of the largest Solidarity Economy events in the world-, and always in the conditions that the reality of the Covid-19 pandemic allows at that time, a face-to-face component will be developed, whose emphasis will be to present the initiatives and good practices that form part of the process of incubation and accompaniment that will begin in June under the postulate "We accept the challenge".
The structure of the programme planned for June is as follows:
- Self-managed activity space: this is where you can register your activities.
- Dynamic process of the FSMET space: thematic and territorial convergences, inter-movement dialogues, interactive space.
- Presentation of the call for initiatives "Let's take up the challenge", in view of the October 2020 meeting.
- Presentation of the proposal to draw up a common programme: Construction of the pact for the transformation of economies.
Based on the results of the preparatory meetings and the challenges emerged during the last year, the convergence spaces of the Forum and the self-managed online activities are meant to contribute to the co-creation of a Transformative Economies Pact and Agenda, around 4 dimensions of systemic transformation: power, culture & knowledge, economies & finance; relations with nature & ecosystems.
Call for registration to the WSFTE
We are pleased to announce that the registration for the WSFET is now reopened: JOIN.TRANSFORMADORA.ORG
Here it is possible to register both individuals and organizations, as well as the activities and initiatives that will be part of the Forum's program. We invite you to read carefully these brief indications before entering the respective forms.
The registration of activities for the June event will be open until June 20th 2020.
Registration of initiatives is open during the online event in June and the following months.