Transforming economies together!
Building Reciprocity & Recognition across Distance and Difference: Adaptation, Conservation, Justice & Carbon Mitigation
Activity Date: Saturday, June 27, 2020 - 16:30
Time Zone: GMT+02:00
Link to the online meeting (URL): https://zoom.us/j/99473037747
Brief Description: A presentation and video exploring the challenges and opportunities to strengthening reciprocity and recognition across distance and difference among change agents. A 30 minute presentation will build around the viewing guide and content of the energetic, unscripted documentary IMMUTO (Change) filmed in 2019 in Vanuatu, Melanesia, Viet Nam, Morocco, EU, UK, and US. Themes we'll interrogate include the climate emergency as a Super Wicked Problem, the challenges of building solidarity between activists in the Global North and the Global South, the entangled nature of biocultural diversity, and the change-making ethics of agroecology.
Methodology and expected results: A 30 Minute presentation involving the video's Viewing Guide and orienting to the challenges of Culture Brokering. Followed by the 44 minute video Immuto (change) with 15 minutes after for questions and conversation
- Contact (Email): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Activity format: Seminar
- Main Area: Agriculture (food production and distribution), Environment (climate / biodiversity / conservation)
- List of areas: Activism, Agroecology, Climate action, Ecological restoration, Food sovereignty, Indigenous peoples, Peasant's farming, Permaculture, Social justice, Solidarity economy
- Which of the 4 dimensions of transformation does the activity address?: Transforming power relations, Transforming culture and education, Transforming relation to nature
- Link to activity space in on line forum (http): Comming soon
- Documentation of the activity: Video and Support materials available
- Language(s) of the Activity: ENGLISH
- Proponent Organizations: Island Reach Foundation