Transforming economies together!
International trade and transformative economies
Activity Date: Monday, June 29, 2020 - 17:00
Time Zone: GMT+02:00
Link to the online meeting (URL): www.fairtrade-advocacy.org
Brief Description: The climate change and COVID-19 crises show us that conventional global value chains have negative impacts on people and planet and that excessive reliance on global value chains can be a risk. Calls are being made to switch to a local economy. Yet, what would a total localisation of trade mean in terms of global social justice? Should short supply chains be measured in terms of distance? what about Fair Trade initiatives, South-North, but also North-North or South-South? How can we ensure that the ecological transition does not come at the expense of international solidarity and equity?
TO REGISTER CLICK HERE https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_v4h3e_nGRU2b7nihoYxI1g
Methodology and expected results: The on-line event will be a facilitated panel discussion with the following panelists> Vandana Shiva,Rachmi Hertanti, Yasmin Romero Epiayu (Wayuu, Colombia), Rain Morgan (South Africa), Stuart Trew (Canada), Charles Snoeck (Be), Mute Schimpf, Yorgos Altintzis
Participants will be able to ask questions.
- Contact (Email): email@example.com
- Activity format: Workshop
- Main Area: International (global relations / development)
- List of areas: Trade
- Which of the 4 dimensions of transformation does the activity address?: Transforming power relations, Transforming economy and finance
- Language(s) of the Activity: Spanish, English
- Proponent Organizations: Fair Trade Advocacy Office / RIPESS Intercontinental
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?