Transforming economies together!
The WSFTE is online between 25th of June to the 1st of July 2020.
No registration is required to participate in the activities and online sessions, but you are warmly invited to register your organisation and initiative to be part of the process and receive updates: join.transformadora.org
Please note: all time references in the main programme are expressed according to the CEST (Central Europe Summer Time or GMT+2). In the description you may find the local time of the proponent organisation.
Links to the online sessions are below the title of each session. Some may require registration to the single session.
Based on the challenges emerged during the WSFTE process since the first meeting in April 2019 and the conclusions of the meeting of international networks that formed the Coordination Committee in July 2019, three modalities of confluences have been organising themselves and are meeting during the Virtual Forum 2020:
- Confluences of T.E. actors: Movements and networks of transformative economies
- Confluences of themes or sectors: Thematic and cross-cutting actions (such as education and public policy)
- Confluences of territories: Local, national and continental
The program of the virtual FSMET
Therefore, the WSFTE - as an open and plural space and at the same time a place of interconnection and confluence in the aspects that all transformative economies have in common - has different ways of meeting: Self-managed Activities, Confluences and Dialogues between movements.
The aim is to contribute to the co-construction of a Pact of Transformative Economies and a common Agenda.
To this end, the debates can take as reference two fundamental questions: WHAT are we transforming and HOW are we doing it.
Through self-managed activities, confluences and dialogues between movements, proposals shall emerge around 4 dimensions of transformation:
- Power relations and flows (at the institutional, political and organizational level)
- Knowledge (culture, imaginary and education)
- Economy and finance (productive and reproductive, material flows and forms of exchange)
- Relationships with Nature and ecosystems (including the social dimension, such as climate justice)
Finally, the «We accept the challenge» proposal for transformative economies initiatives will be presented and will continue until the WSFTE event in October.
A document containing a Matrix of the 4 dimensions of transformation is sent to all proponents to fill in, in order to propose the transformative actions that will be formulated for the transformative economies Agenda, which will be discussed in the Inter-movements meeting on June 28 and 29 and will continue in the coming months (the goal is to reach a first version in October, during the second meeting of the WSFTE 2020).